The Designer will be involved in the design of architectural projects throughout the firm. Exceptional design and communication skills, a portfolio of innovative design concepts, and an emphasis on built work are desired. A passion for great design and an ability to articulate that passion are required.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Involvement in all phases of design including programming, concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents and construction administration
- Works with the Project Manager to ensure that work is completed as planned, budgeted, and scheduled
- Interaction with clients while representing Taylor Design at meetings and presentations
- Actively use presentation techniques to clearly communicate design concepts to client and project teams
- Collaboration and communication with design teams, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Partner with the Practice Leader in expanding the architectural design practice of the firm
- 5+ years’ professional experience including proven track record of experience in the design field of projects within the healthcare, science & technology, and higher education markets
- Experience developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies
- Excellent analytical, graphic and problem solving skills
- Strong graphic presentation skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships within the firm and with other key constituents
- Ability to clearly communicate though verbal, written and other presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer/supplier appropriateness
- High level of proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite required
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Deltek Vision, and NewForma a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoys working closely with architects, productions staff, project managers, owners, consultants and contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent presentation skills
- A history of integrating sustainability into architectural projects, and an awareness of the importance of sustainability as a design principle
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
- ...and so much more!
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Status: Full Time