The role of Designer is to assist the architectural practice leaders of the firm. Each of our three offices in California are looking for talented designers to assist our senior design staff. Exceptional design and communication skills, a portfolio of design work, and an emphasis on built work are desired.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Involvement in all phases of design including programming, concept design, schematic design, design development and construction documents and construction administration
- Interaction with clients while representing Taylor Design at meetings and presentations
- Active in presentation techniques to communicate clear design concepts to client and project teams
- Close collaboration and communication with design teams, consultants, contractors and vendors
- Partner with the Director of Architecture in expanding the architectural practice of the firm
- 5+ years’ professional experience including proven track record of experience in the design field of projects within the healthcare, science & technology, and higher education markets.
- Experience developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies.
- Excellent analytical, graphic and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships within the firm and with other key constituents
- High level of proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite required
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Deltek Vision, and NewForma a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and enjoys working closely with architects, productions staff, project managers, owners, consultants and contractors.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply
Job Status: Full Time