Architectural Job Captain - Remote
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
Voted Best Architectural Firm To Work For 4 years in a row, Taylor Design, a 100% employee-owned firm, is looking for Architectural Job Captains to join our team. This is your opportunity to work with a team of dedicated, creative and fun architects and designers on award winning projects in the healthcare, higher education, and science and technology markets.
The Job Captain is a member of a project team, coordinating and working on all phases of projects from planning and conceptual design through construction. Responsibilities and duties include development of Revit BIM models, the development of construction documents, and project team coordination. The Job Captain works collaboratively within a design team from conceptual design through contract documents under the complete supervision of a Project Manager or a Project Architect to produce project deliverables, ensuring the design intent is consistent and well executed.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Production of design and construction documents, and renderings.
- Effectively coordinates work using BIM and other design technology tools.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with design intent, and that work is completed efficiently as planned.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager or Project Architect to ensure project resources are scheduled and used effectively.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and project team to clarify technical issues and share project information with project team.
- Actively participates in researching construction materials, assemblies, and details.
- Responsible for quality control of their own work and maintaining conformance with office standards for all documentation.
- Participates in and helps promote the on-going development of firm wide BIM applications, tools, templates, and processes .
Skills / Requirements
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or similar education and is working towards becoming a registered Architect; minimum of 2 year's experience in a professional architectural office, and possess basic Revit knowledge, and knowledge of MS Suite essential. The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
This position requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; with occasional travel (<20%) by plane, car, rideshare, or public transportation to job sites, clients offices, and/or other Taylor Design offices.
Position Type: Full-Time, Hybrid
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please note that Taylor Design does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, Taylor Design will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without Taylor Design's request, Taylor Design explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Taylor Design.
Pay: $75,000 to $84,000/year
If you are hired at Taylor Design, your base salary is based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, experience, project complexity. and licensure and/or certifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Job Status: Full Time