Architectural Project Director for Science + Technology Market
Taylor Design is searching for an experienced Project Director to lead the Science and Technology market in Southern California region. The Project Director is a dynamic leader in the organization with many external and internal responsibilities. This position functions as the primary source of client relationships. The Project Director’s primary responsibility is project profitability and growth, achieved by developing, managing and directing projects while developing, nurturing and managing client and team relationships. The candidate must demonstrate a high level of effectiveness leading, mentoring and managing his team, and successfully collaborates with the other Project Directors to ensure that enterprise resources are appropriately utilized and balanced.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Oversees and leads an architectural, interior design, design strategy and production team to effectively establish revenue targets and manage the resulting book of business to maximize profitability for the firm
- Grows Taylor Design’s healthcare, science + technology, and/or education practices
- Provides leadership by interacting with clients, staff and consultants advocating for excellence in design
- Collaborate with Corporate Development to establish a strategic plan of business development for expanding revenue opportunities with existing and new clients
- Develop a network of current and past clients and industry partners
- Develop industry and client specific strategic intelligence to position the Project Director as a valued resource and advisor to the client
- Nurture the client relationship, and develop new client contacts and business development within agreed-to markets and geographical regions
- Effectively establish revenue targets and manage the resulting book of business to maximize profitability
- Maintain high-level and effective communication with client decision-makers
- Lead opportunities for client engagement with proposals and interviews
- Develop effective proposals and contracts with particular emphasis on the establishment of reliable scope, schedule and fee
- Assist Project Managers in the establishment of mutually acceptable contracts with clients, and execute contracts where applicable within the policies established by the firm
- Signatory on Contracts and Deliverables
- Effectively share firm knowledge, strategic goals and vision with team members to ensure there is valued understanding and participation.
- Communicate effectively with staff to manage their expectations and to foster their personal development, and lead as an influential voice at Taylor Design
- Build staff capabilities through professional development programs, performance reviews and mentoring designed to improve technical, management, professional and communication skills
- Stay abreast of market trends as it relates to your book of business and be an influential leader both internally and externally.
- Participate in conferences, events, and other networking opportunities; travel may be required
- Licensed Architect, project management certification from a recognized accredited program, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years' experience in the architectural or interior design profession
- Experience in healthcare, science and technology or education markets preferred
- Successful, extensive project management and staff supervision experience
- Demonstrated history of success developing, leading and managing a book of business profitably
- Individual must be self-directed and success-focused
- Strong leadership and relationship-management skills, combined with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and good sense of humor – a people person who others gladly follow
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- OSHPD Experience preferred and an ability to successfully work with agencies having jurisdiction
- Detailed oriented with excellent language skills and grammatical accuracy
- Strong knowledge of industry and market sector trends
- Strong knowledge of architectural building systems
- Strong knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; LEED AP a plus
- Strong knowledge of quality assurance/quality control processes
- Strong knowledge of influential policies, regulations, and building codes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel and Word software platforms with the ability to concisely and accurately generate scope, schedule and budget scenarios for multiple projects
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Bluebeam Revu and NewForma
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Holiday pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
- ...and so much more!
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Job Status: Full Time