Architectural Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of a project, managing all phases of the project from conceptual design through construction document delivery within the Healthcare, Science & Technology, and Higher Education market The Project Manager will have an assigned team for his/her project, will assign the work and see that it is properly competed. When another firm is engaged as a sub-consultant, it is the Project Manager's responsibility to see that the lines of responsibility are clearly defined and that there's adequate coordination between offices. The Project Manager must be capable and experienced, with authority to speak for Taylor with the client and to direct and expedite the work. In addition, the Project Manager has the following duties:
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Directs the project throughout its various phases by continuous and timely communication with the client and project team
- Assures that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client, and that the project is completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget that has been assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing the efficient delivery of multiple projects
- Develop, foster and maintain strong and close relationships with present and potential clients
- Participates with the Project Director in proposal preparation, budgeting, scheduling, and labor projection
- Administers the contract with the Owner, including but not limited to, obtaining necessary approvals, processing and negotiating contract amendments for changes
- Provide leadership at the project level; interact with clients, staff and consultants
- Develop the project budget, manage and monitor both production and financial progress
- Responsible for project profitability and contractual requirements
- Participates in firm-wide resource allocation planning and forecasting
- Involve themselves in the establishment of the design parameters and advocate the design intention established by the team.
- Licensed Architect
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field from an accredited program, and/or 8+ years’ experience
- Experience in healthcare, science and technology, or higher education preferred
- Demonstrated history of success in leading a team and managing multiple projects
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- OSHPD Experience preferred and an ability to successfully work with governmental agencies
- Detailed oriented with excellent language skills and grammar accuracy
- Strong knowledge of industry and market sector trends
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; LEED AP a plus
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process, regulations, and building codes
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
- ...and so much more!
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Job Status: Full Time