Architectural Specifications Writer
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
Voted Best Architectural Firm to Work For 3 years in a row, Taylor Design is searching for a Architectural Specifications Writer to work on our healthcare, higher education, and science and technology projects across all of our offices in California.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This position will utilize knowledge of construction products, materials, and methods to write specifications for a variety of complex projects and building types to include higher education, healthcare, and science and technology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce project specific Project Manuals.
- Be able to manage multiple project phases, milestone deliveries and various project delivery types.
- Coordinating the Project Manual efforts of all disciplines and consultants.
- Maintains awareness of industry reference standards and resources.
- Maintain a positive 'Can Do' attitude.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, within the firm's compliance policies.
- Support Sustainability goals of the firm.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience required.
- Previous specification writing experience required.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction techniques is essential.
- Professional licensure, CCS, CCCA, CDT certification and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
At Taylor Design, we’re humble— it keeps us grounded. We value an entrepreneurial spirit—it feeds our creativity. We put a premium on curiosity—it guides our future. Most of all, we believe in good design for the good of all.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. As an employee-owned firm, we understand what drives success. Every employee is positioned to think like an owner.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit www.WeAreTaylor.com/WhyUs for more information on our competitive benefits package.