LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
Voted Best Architectural Firm To Work For 4 years in a row, Taylor Design, a 100% employee-owned firm, is looking for Architectural Design Assistants to join our offices in San Francisco and Sacramento, CA. This is your opportunity to work with a team of dedicated, creative and fun architects and designers on award winning projects in the healthcare, higher education, and science and technology markets.
The Design Assistant is a member of a project team, working on all phases of projects from planning and conceptual design through construction. While working with close supervision, responsibilities and duties include helping develop BIM models and families of objects, helping develop design standards, and the development of construction documents.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist in the production of design and construction documents, and renderings.
- Effectively coordinate their own work using BIM and other design technology tools.
- Assist in ensuring design intent, and that work is completed efficiently as planned.
- Actively participate in researching construction materials, assemblies, and details.
- Responsible for quality control of their own work and maintaining conformance with office standards for all documentation.
- Participate in and helps promote the on-going development of firm wide BIM applications, tools, templates, and processes.
- Gain growing knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems, and materials, and an interest in following code requirements.
- Be actively pursuing IDP requirements in pursuit of becoming a California Licensing Architect, or alternatively, working on becoming a Certified Interior Designer.
Skills / Requirements
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or similar education. Basic Revit knowledge is helpful, and MS Suite essential. The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills.
This position requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer; with occasional travel (<20%) by plane, car, rideshare, or public transportation to job sites, clients offices, and/or other Taylor Design offices.
Position Type: Full-Time, Hybrid
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please note that Taylor Design does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, Taylor Design will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without Taylor Design's request, Taylor Design explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Taylor Design.
Pay: $60,000 to $75,000/year
If you are hired at Taylor Design, your base salary is based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, experience, project complexity. and licensure and/or certifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Job Status: Full Time