The Design Assistant is an integral member of an Architectural or Interior Design project team, working on all phases of projects from planning and conceptual design through construction. Responsibilities and duties include the development of building information models and the development of construction documents.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Works under the supervision of the Project Manager and/or Job Captain to develop project deliverables using BIM and other design technology tools
- Actively participates in researching, selecting, designing, and resolving construction materials, assemblies and details
- Actively participates in quality control, conformance with design intent and adherence to office standards
- Builds and helps to maintain BIM families/block libraries
- Architectural or interior design background/experience required
- Minimum of 2 years applicable experience required
- High level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit or AutoCAD within the architectural discipline
- A growing knowledge of architectural exterior and interior building systems, knowledge of materials, and an interest in design, construction administration or project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Working toward becoming a California Registered Architect or interior designer
- Basic understanding of project work plans, schedules, resource planning, and budgets
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma or Deltek Vision