Project Accountant (Hybrid)
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
Voted Best Architectural Firm To Work For 6 years in a row, Taylor Design, a 100% employee-owned firm, is looking for a Project Accountant to join our office in Orange County. This is your opportunity to work with a team of dedicated, creative and fun architects and designers and help support the project teams and maintain the office.
The Project Accountant will have the skills, attitude, and passion to work well in a team environment, possess great communication skills, a passion for accounting accuracy and a strong desire for professional growth. This is an opportunity to use analytical skills, refine processes and support others. Primary responsibilities and duties include managing the monthly progress billings for project managers across multiple offices, analyzing project performance, assisting project managers and clients with invoice requests and revisions, and helping the finance team maintain an accurate and responsive project accounting system.
- Working daily with project managers and finance team to provide accurate, timely project financial performance data.
- Composing draft invoices, obtaining project manager approval and generating/submitting accurate final invoices which meet client-specific requirements.
- Assisting project managers with project accounting tasks such as project set-up, project financial reports, resource planning, collections.
- Working closely with accounts payable staff to integrate consultants and reimbursable expenses into the project accounting process.
- Working closely with the contracts staff to support the contract review and approval process.
- Interacting and communicating with clients regarding their invoices.
- Assisting the finance team to maintain accurate project records.
- Participating in continual process improvement efforts with regard to project accounting.
Skills / Requirements
- High school graduate minimum, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferable.
- 3 years + of experience handling billing in an AEC or professional services firm.
- Experience with an ERP accounting software for professional services, Deltek Vision/Vantagepoint, BST, Unanet preferable.
- Experience in customer service and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and reliably on time, strong work ethic.
- Well versed in MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
At Taylor Design, we’re humble— it keeps us grounded. We value an entrepreneurial spirit—it feeds our creativity. We put a premium on curiosity—it guides our future. Most of all, we believe in good design for the good of all.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. As an employee-owned firm, our staff understands what drives success. Every employee is positioned to think like an owner. Position is a hybrid remote position.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please note that Taylor Design does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, Taylor Design will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without Taylor Design's request, Taylor Design explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Taylor Design.
Please visit www.WeAreTaylor.com/WhyUs for more information on your competitive benefits package.
Pay: $70 to $80/year
Pay Comments: If you are hired at Taylor Design, your base salary is based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, experience, project complexity. and licensure and/or certifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Job Status: Full Time