Project Architect (Hybrid)
LOVE WHERE YOU WORK!
Voted Best Architectural Firm To Work For since 2018, Taylor Design, a 100% employee-owned company, is looking for PROJECT ARCHITECTS to join our team to work with our Healthcare and Science & Technology clients.
This role requires that you be passionate about building, organizing, leading, motivating, and sustaining collaborative teams and cultivating strong business relationships. The Project Architect, as a technical quality leader within a design team, should have strong technical expertise in architectural design, construction documents, construction, building codes and project coordination issues associated with diverse project types ideally with the delivery of Healthcare, and Science and Technology markets.
The candidate must:
- Be a California licensed Architect with a minimum of 8+ years’ experience,
- Have a solid technical background with Type 1 and Type 2 construction experience,
- Have proven success in working with governmental agencies, OSHPD; and
- Strong technical knowledge of design, building trends, energy efficiency, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer/supplier appropriateness.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Effectively coordinates their own work and the work of others using BIM and other design technology tools.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with design intent, and that their work, and the work they supervise, is completed efficiently as planned.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager or Project Architect to ensure project resources are scheduled and used effectively. Good working knowledge of project staffing, budgets, and task management.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants, and project team to clarify technical issues and share project information with project team.
- Production of design and construction documents, and actively working towards a complete understanding of jurisdictional code issues and resolutions
- Actively participates in researching construction materials, assemblies, and details.
- Responsible for quality control of their own work and knowledge of and maintaining Taylor Design office standards for documentation.
- Participates in the on-going development of firm wide BIM applications, tools, templates, and processes.
- Actively participate in QA reviews of technical documents.
At Taylor Design, we’re humble— it keeps us grounded. We value an entrepreneurial spirit—it feeds our creativity. We put a premium on curiosity—it guides our future. Most of all, we believe in good design for the good of all.
We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. As an employee-owned firm, our staff understands what drives success. Every employee is positioned to think like an owner. Position is a hybrid remote position.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Please note that Taylor Design does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, Taylor Design will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without Taylor Design's request, Taylor Design explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Taylor Design.
Please visit www.WeAreTaylor.com/WhyUs for more information on your competitive benefits package.
If you are hired at Taylor Design, your base salary is based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, experience, project complexity. and licensure and/or certifications. We believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
Job Status: Full Time