Senior Architectural Planner
The Senior Planner will be an integral part of the design team and will lead the planning and programming of healthcare, higher education and science + technology project facilities across all office locations.
- Responsible for coordinating team members and consultants, programming projects, conducting site visits, and all necessary communications and documentation needed to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Provide leadership by interacting with clients, staff and consultants as appropriate to advocate for excellence and advance the work of the firm
- Participate in client presentations and project meetings.
- Be familiar with current trends in healthcare delivery, the impact of new concepts of patient and staff flow as it relates to medical planning and the impact of newly emerging technology in medical equipment and medical communications in hospitals.
- Expected to meet directly with the client, analyze the client’s needs and conceive/develop architectural solutions commensurate with those needs.
- Initiate schematic designs/plans with responsibility for the preparation of presentation drawings, models and narratives.
- Provide for the coordination of all disciplines related to the building design and medical planning and represent the firm by participating as a key member of the business development team in presentations to prospective clients.
- Provide guidance to other designers and work with the various disciplines throughout the schematic and design development phases to ensure that the solution accommodates the engineering needs and the owner’s program.
- Nurture the client relationship, and develop new client contacts and business development within geographical region
- Attend conferences, events, and other networking opportunities.
- Travel between offices will be required
- Bachelor degree in architecture or relevant field from an accredited program
- 15+ years' experience in healthcare architecture planning and design experience preferred
- Extensive project management and staff supervision experience
- Individual must be self-directed and success focused
- Strong leadership and relationship-management skills
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Detailed oriented with excellent language skills and grammar accuracy
- Strong knowledge of industry and market sector trends
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines; LEED AP a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, and NewForma a plus.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and voluntary Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Education Allowance
- Professional Development Training
- ...and much more!
If this position sounds like it may be the right move for you and your career path, please send your resume to HR@WeAreTaylor.com.
Job Status: Full Time