Sr BIM Technician
Design that Empowers People - by People who Empower Each Other
At Taylor Design, we believe that our work can make a difference - whether it's helping people navigate a healthcare setting, supporting new ways that research and education can happen, or learning with our clients to develop innovative ways to improve.
We are looking for a Senior BIM Technician in a firm-wide role to be responsible for collaborating with multiple teams in the use, support, and application of Revit, Dynamo, and other BIM related technologies. This position is responsible for assisting team members in ensuring minimal disruption to project workflows from potential work stoppage arising from software-based issues. This position will also assist with BIM resource library maintenance, project model setup and user permission administration for cloud related services of BIM related tools. In addition, this position will assist the BIM Manager and/or Design Technology manager with firm wide initiatives as needed.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Assists the BIM Manager and/or Design Technology Manager in implementing design production workflows, standards, and quality assurance practices.
- Assists the BIM Manager and/or Design Technology Manager in the use of BIM technology firm-wide, including installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting all BIM software installations as well as analyzing and solving end-user issues. BIM technology software includes Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and related plugins for these tools.
- Supports each project team by assisting with BIM content library files and templates, enforcing standards and evaluating project models.
- 5+ years’ experience in design, drafting or engineering production, preferably as a Job Captain or equivalent role in our industry.
- Autodesk Professional Certification for Revit and AutoCAD required.
- General knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD, skilled at Revit Family creation.
- Must understand the basics of the practice of architecture.
- Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM and related technologies.
- Passion for design technologies and practices to increase user effectiveness.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others.
- Extremely service-oriented and highly approachable with a strong commitment to helping others succeed.
- Good interpersonal skills and very comfortable and effective working with others in a team environment.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet work goals.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- A great sense of humor, a plus!
At Taylor Design, we’re humble— it keeps us grounded. We value an entrepreneurial spirit—it feeds our creativity. We put a premium on curiosity—it guides our future. Most of all, we believe in good design for the good of all. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. As an employee-owned firm, our staff understands what drives success. Every employee is positioned to think like an owner.
Please visit www.WeAreTaylor.com/WhyUs for more information on your competitive benefits package.
Taylor Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.