The Strategist will partner with internal teams and external partners to lead and conduct research design and execution of projects in connection with freestanding strategy projects, or the strategy component of Taylor Design built environment undertakings. The Strategist will gain and maintain an in-depth understanding of the client’s business and industry; he/she will own the development of the client's strategic deliverable by developing hypotheses, conducting user research, and managing others as appropriate. The Strategist will work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to identify user needs, articulate the story, develop recommendations, and advanced design strategies.
- Be a champion for Taylor Design’s core values by demonstrating humility, a curious mind and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Lead the writing and development of highest-quality end products such as integrated client presentations
- Partner with the Director of Strategies to identify and pursue opportunities to grow current and new client relationships
- Partner with project leaders to develop proposals, marketing materials, and articulate scopes of work.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter
- Familiarity with a wide range of research modalities—qualitative and quantitative
- Able to manage multiple projects/clients at various stages of development—including timelines and presentation milestones
- Analytical with a visual flair
- Passionate about design and the design process
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly organized
- Must be able to articulate creative concepts
- Comfortable interacting with many different personalities and management styles
- Accustomed to a fast-paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Travel is likely required
- Bring relevant user insights and inspiration to the early phases of the creative development process.
- Expertise in qualitative user-based research methodologies.
- Experience in select offerings offered through the Strategies practice area at Taylor Design (see website).
- Oversee and conduct secondary and primary research to help inspire and direct the creative process.
- Manage Taylor Design’s pre-design process for major clients as assigned by the Director of Strategies.
- Work closely with project teams for inspiration, input, and guidance.
- Develop long-term relationships with core clients.
- Design primary qualitative research programs for projects.
- Cultivate marketplace insights and intelligence through brand audits, competitive positioning assessment, design assessment, trends, etc.
- Translate user-based insights into design strategy. Have an empathetic ear for discerning emotional needs and aspirations.
- Develop and present formal recommendations to clients.
- Develop creative briefs.
- Brief project teams and provide strategic direction during internal and client design reviews.
- Be a strategy/consumer advocate during all stages of design, provide ongoing strategic counsel to internal and client teams throughout the course of design assignments.
Taylor Design values vision and creativity in the leading of people, and identifying and implementing strategy. The ideal candidate will possess strong conceptual thinking abilities, the aptitude to create inspiring form and embrace sound business and design strategies as applied to projects. Service orientation and a willingness to foster a respectful, innovative, and stimulating environment is highly valued, as would holding a respected place in the broader design community.
Job Status: Full Time